What we do
We help our Member States run safe, efficient and environmentally-friendly air traffic operations throughout the European region.
We work together with our partners to deliver a Single European Sky that will help overcome the safety, capacity and performance challenges facing European aviation in the 21st century.
- The Network Manager has extended the role of the former Central Flow Management Unit and now proactively manages the entire ATM Network (with nearly ten million flights every year), in close liaison with the air navigation service providers, airspace users, the military and airports.
- The Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre provides an air traffic control service for the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and northern Germany.
- The Central Route Charges Office handles the billing, collection and redistribution of aviation charges.
- We support the European Commission, EASA and National Supervisory Authorities in their regulatory activities.
- We are actively involved in research, development and validation and make a substantial contribution to the SESAR Joint Undertaking. Our aim is to deliver tangible results which will improve the ATM system's performance in the medium- and long-term.
- We have a unique platform for civil-military aviation coordination in Europe.