EUROCONTROL contributes to GBAS by:
- representing the European perspective at the global level within ICAO and at industry fora;
- supporting to the development of international standards as well as providing a manufacturer-independent data evaluation toolset called PEGASUS allowing unbiased assessment of products from competing manufacturers for the validation of requirements;
- contributing to SESAR on every package relating to GBAS (SESAR WP 15.3.6 and 15.3.7);
- jointly chairing with the FAA the International GBAS Working Group (I-GWG), which provides a biannual working forum on GBAS;
- animating the EUROCONTROL LATO focus group which oversees the GBAS activities and provides a forum to discuss Precision Approach related issues;
- having addressed how to transition from ILS to GBAS based on an economic assessment, an operational assessment and from a safety and security perspective.