European ATM Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan
This Implementation Plan, together with the Implementation Report, constitute the “Implementation view” or Level 3 of the European ATM Master Plan (MP).
The Implementation Plan brings together and provides the framework for the commonly agreed actions to be taken by ECAC stakeholders, in the context of the implementation of SESAR. These actions are consolidated in the form of ‘Implementation Objectives’, addressing those elements in SESAR which have reached the necessary operational and technical maturity and for which stakeholders have expressed an interest in their operational introduction. Implementation Objectives address validated SESAR Solutions and also account for some of the existing (EU) regulations in ATM.
The European ATM Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan - Edition 2019
The European ATM Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan - Edition 2019 has been endorsed by the Provisional Council of EUROCONTROL in May 2019.
Further integration of Airspace Architecture Study (AAS) elements into MPL3 Implementation Plan 2019 is currently in progress. The updated version of the plan with AAS elements will be published on this website accordingly.
Edition 2019- 8 new Implementation Objectives:
- AOP15 Enhanced traffic situational awareness and airport safety nets for the vehicle drivers
- AOP16 Guidance assistance through airfield ground lighting
- AOP17 Provision/integration of departure planning information to NMOC
- AOP18 Runway Status Lights (RWSL)
- ATC19 Enhanced AMAN-DMAN integration
- ATC20 Enhanced STCA with down-linked parameters via Mode S EHS
- INF09 Digital Integrated Briefing
- NAV11 Implement precision approach procedures using GBAS CAT II/III based on GPS L1
These New Objectives are based on the work done by PJ20-WP2.8 (identifying mature SESAR 1 Solutions for future coordination activities). They have a “Local” scope, i.e. without a predefined Applicability Area and Full Operational Capability (FOC) date (subject to local business decisions). They are presented as ‘Active’ in the Plan 2019, i.e. will be monitored through the LSSIP starting from the 2019 cycle, except of two objectives NAV11 and INF09 which are “Initial” Objectives i.e. will not be monitored in LSSIP yet.
Edition 2019 - Substantially changed 6 existing Objectives:
- ATC2.9 Short Term Conflict Alert (STCA) for TMAs
- COM11.1 Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in En-Route
- COM11.2 Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in Airport/Terminal
- NAV03.1 RNAV 1 in TMA Operations
- NAV03.2 RNP 1 in TMA Operations
- NAV10 RNP Approach Procedures to instrument RWY
- NAV12 ATS IFR Routes for Rotorcraft Operations
A ‘substantial change’ is a change that may affect the stakeholder's commitment to implement an objective (e.g. implementation deadline, technical/operational requirements, applicability area, etc.) and therefore requiring the highest level of consultation – EUROCONTROL technical working arrangements where relevant, Agency Advisory Board (AAB) and Provisional Council (PC).
ATC2.9 is adapted to improve implementation monitoring of SESAR Solution #60 (Enhanced STCA for TMA). Former objective COM11 is split in COM11.1 and COM11.2 to differentiate between implementation of VoIP in En-route and VoIP in Airport/Terminal Operating Environment.
NAV03.1, NAV03.2, NAV10 and NAV12 aligned to the requirements of the newly published PBN Implementing Regulation (Commission Implementing Regulation 2018/1048) (consulted with the Navigation Sub Group (NSG).
One objective Closed as ACHIEVED:
According to LSSIP 2018 reports, implementation of FCM04.1 has been completed by 88% of the stakeholders in the area of applicability. This completion fulfils MPL3 Report implementation progress assessment criteria for declaring FCM04.1 “Achieved” at the end of the year 2018. Consequently, FCM04.1 will not be part of the Plan edition 2019.