Purpose of Enterprise Architecture in SESAR
The study has defined the following needs for the Enterprise Architecture in SESAR:
- Ensuring consistency within the more than 200 projects of the SESAR Programme by providing a coherent framework to support the development of consistent and interoperable solutions,
- Providing a framework for the description of the changes in concept and stakeholder capability between steps in the SESAR Concept Story Board,
- Focussing research on performance.
- Identifying dependencies and information exchanges between stakeholders with neighbouring capabilities, thus
- support decision making to optimise investment in research and development during the SESAR development phase to ensure work is focused on the right developments, also supporting identification of duplication and missing work;
- Supporting communication within the SESAR Programme and with external stakeholders,
- Supporting the development of business cases for investments described in the ATM Master Plan, and
- After SESAR Development Phase, the European stakeholder can reuse the EAEA and adapt it to the reality of their local needs and environment in order to optimise the deployment of these concepts and tools to ensure that they improve in a timely manner ATM performance against the targets set by the European Commission.
- Supporting the development of assurance arguments for presentation to regulators.