Content Integration - SESAR 2020 project PJ19 (CI)
The SESAR 2020 Content Integration project (PJ19 CI) will provide a consolidated view of the future European ATM system. It has a key transversal role in the SESAR 2020 programme and is designed to facilitate the integration of content developed by SESAR solution and enabling projects, and enable assessment of the overall performance of the SESAR operational and technical solutions against the performance ambitions set out in the ATM Master Plan.
The work is broken down into six work packages coordinated by DFS, NATS, ENAIRE and EUROCONTROL. PJ19 deals with performance, concept of operations, system and service architecture.
PJ19 does not generate ATM solution content but rather integrates the content provided by SESAR 2020 solutions and enabling projects. PJ19 supports those projects by maintaining the common framework for content development and by providing access to important supporting tools.
As a consequence PJ19 also invests significant effort in providing training to those other projects on the use of the development framework and on the use of the accompanying tools.
From a pure CI perspective, PJ19 continuously stretches itself to find constructive solutions when content coming from different solution and enabling projects needs to be aligned.
PJ19 Deliverables are published yearly and encompass:
SESAR 2020 ConOps
- A high level description of the ATM operation envisaged in Europe by the end of SESAR 2020 development in support of the SES implementation.
Integrated roadmap data set
- Consolidated change request for the ATM Master Plan (Operational improvements and enablers).
- R&D needs and high level validation objectives per key feature/SESAR solution, priorities at programme level, a list of general assumptions about concept, scope and context, shared processes, tools, reference material or criteria.
ADD (Architectural Design Document)
- Description of the system and service architecture including the key functional and technical proposed evolutions.
- A common set of KPIs and PIs, including those linked to transversal areas, and their related influencing factors, consistent with performance ambitions and SES Performance Scheme.
- Performance goals at SESAR solution level and per sub operating environment consistent with the performance ambitions following a concept – driven approach.
EATMA guidance and report
- a description of the EATMA framework and high level guidance of its application within the SESAR 2020 programme
Yearly lifecycle reference material
- Annual snapshot of the result of the CI work provided by solution and enabling projects
European ATM portal
- Yearly online update of the yearly lifecycle reference material and Integrated roadmap data set. The portal is the common ATM Master Plan and architecture portal.
- A set of common terminology and associated definitions which are to be used across the SESAR 2020 programme and more widely within the European ATM industry.
Change requests for the AIRM (Aeronautical Information Reference Model)
Change requests on the SWIM Registry (former ISRM)
The following are considered to be the principal benefits brought by PJ19:
- The use of a common content development framework for developing European ATM solutions in the SESAR 2020 context.
- The coherence between all SESAR 2020 solutions explained in a single ConOps document that describes for everybody to understand how ATM will work in the future.
- Coherence and consistency between different ATM solutions following their integration in a single European ATM reference architecture.
- Making performance information from R&D activities comparative by maintaining a single common performance framework.
- Easy and continuous access to the latest architecture reference material across the whole SESAR 2020 programme, and directly linked to other elements of the European ATM Master Plan.
In PJ19, EUROCONTROL brings to bear its technical expertise, knowledge and capabilities as the leader of this project together with its ATM operations and enterprise architecture expertise as well as its performance expertise in various domain such as environment, human performance, safety and security.
PJ19 maintains close collaboration with all SESAR 2020 solution and enabling projects, and works together with the Master Plan Maintenance (PJ20) and requirement management (PJ22) projects.
- DFS DEUTSCHE FLUGSICHERUNG GMBH (Germany)
- NATS (EN ROUTE) PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY (United Kingdom)
- ENTIDAD PUBLICA EMPRESARIAL ENAIRE (Spain)
- AIRBUS SAS (France)
- VALSTYBES IMONE ORO NAVIGACIJA (Lithuania)
- LUFTFARTSVERKET (Sweden)
- DASSAULT AVIATION SA (France)
- DIRECTION DES SERVICES DE LA NAVIGATION AERIENNE (France)
- ENAV SPA (Italy)
- FREQUENTIS AG (Austria)
- INDRA SISTEMAS S.A. (Spain)
- STIFTELSEN SINTEF (Norway)
- LEONARDO - FINMECCANICA SPA (Italy)
- SKYGUIDE, SA SUISSE POUR LES SERVICES DE LA NAVIGATION AERIENNE CIVILS ET MILITAIRES (Switzerland)
- THALES AIR SYSTEMS SAS (France)
- NAVIAIR (Denmark)
- AUSTRO CONTROL OSTERREICHISCHE GESELLSCHAFT FUR ZIVILLUFTFAHRT MBH (Austria)
- CROATIA CONTROL, CROATIAN AIR NAVIGATION SERVICES LTD (Croatia)
- ATOS BELGIUM (Belgium)
- RIZENI LETOVEHO PROVOZU CESKE REPUBLIKY STATNI PODNIK (Czech Republic)
- LETOVE PREVADZKOVE SLUZBY SLOVENSKEJ REPUBLIKY, STATNY PODNIK (Slovakia)
- POLSKA AGENCJA ZEGLUGI POWIETRZNEJ (Poland)
- UDARAS EITLIOCHTA NA HEIREANN THE IRISH AVIATION AUTHORITY (Ireland)
- HUNGAROCONTROL MAGYAR LEGIFORGALMI SZOLGALAT ZARTKORUEN MUKODO RESZVENYTARSASAG (Hungary)
- AIRTEL ATN LIMITED (Ireland)
- SAAB AKTIEBOLAG (Sweden)