- SESAR 2020
- SESAR 1
- ATM Master Plan
- ATM Architecture & Information Management
- Building the future Network
- Future airport operations
- Future ATC operations & systems
- Long-term research & innovation
- Business Cases and Cost Benefit Analyses
- Civil-military coordination
- Research cooperation
- Simulations and validation
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
ATM Architecture & Information Management
Under the umbrella of the pan-European system design approach, the ATM Architecture & Information Management activities in EUROCONTROL focus on the development and support to implementation of a digital, reliable and cost-efficient information environment for the whole of ATM.
The overall objective is the establishment of a network-centric information environment in Europe, also known as System Wide Information Management (SWIM).
Through partnerships with SESAR JU and other ATM stakeholders the main activities focus on:
- A pan-European performance driven system (operational and architecture) design. Hereby the Enterprise Architecture (EA) methodology is being validated for a first pan-European application to ATM.
- Definition, maintenance and access to overarching information reference models (e.g. AIRM and ISRM).
- Definition and harmonised transition from the present Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) to Aeronautical Information Management (AIM), transitioning from paper products to a digital, fully managed data centric environment.
- The managed evolution of customised meteorological (MET) information exchange solutions towards full ATM MET information sharing, contributing to the efficiency and quality of ATM decision making.
- Support to the sharing of consistent flight information between all stakeholders ensuring that all systems have a consistent view of the information during all phases of flight.
- The enabling of timely and efficient airport information sharing for the purpose of airport strategic and tactical planning at local and ATM network levels.
- Contribution to the SWIM specification and future evolution management, both in the field of technical standards and governance.
- Provision of an integrated verification SWIM test platform.
In all these areas global interoperability requirements are worked upon via active global cooperation and coordination with other national and international bodies.