We provide training for air traffic management staff, regulators, aircraft operators, flow management personnel and aviation experts.
The Institute of Air Navigation Services in Luxembourg supports EUROCONTROL's pan-European activities and the implementation of the Single European Sky’s efforts. We also contribute to the SESAR programme by delivering unique high-quality training courses.
- In the Network Efficiency area, we are part of the European Network Manager (e.g. ATFM/FMP operations), and have direct access to experts (for example in capacity planning, route networks, etc.) and instructors with long-term and broad experience (for example in OJTI, supervision, etc.).
- In the CNS area, our instructors are involved in various SESAR research or NM deployment programmes and have access to both the project content and programme managers.
- In the Safety area, we have direct access to European Safety Programme staff.
- In the SES Regulation area, our instructors are involved in EASA standardisation visits and in rule drafting.
Find the right course for you
- Download our training brochure
- Browse through our online training catalogue
- Browse through the classroom training calendar
We have years of experience both in traditional training and in applying innovative methods of delivery as well as other forms of knowledge transfer.
Classroom training has all the advantages of face-to-face communication between trainer and trainee. It makes for a professional exchange with participants from different organisations, and facilitates networking on a European level.
ATM Training courses are held at the Institute in Luxembourg, while Network Operations training courses are held in Brussels. Our courses can also be held at the customer’s premises.
- As a method of training, e-learning offers a variety of benefits such as reduced costs and delivery at a pace ideally suited to the students’ individual progress-learning. EUROCONTROL delivers a wide range of e-learning courses, which are accessible worldwide on just a few clicks.
- Apart from the general online and classroom courses, the Institute also provides tailor-made courses.
Network Operations training
Network Operations training is a sub-set of EUROCONTROL's training courses. It has been specifically developed to support operational users collaborating with the NMOC (Network Manager Operations Centre in Brussels). Indeed, efficient collaborative decision-making (CDM) requires a high level of knowledge on the part of all operational staff involved, those in NM and in the ATC and aircraft operator communities.
If you wish to register for one of our course, browse through our online catalogue and select the course you are interested in.
Classroom course: Choose the date in the right-hand column and click on the link ‘Course registration request’ to submit your request.
- For organisations with a Focal Point : the request will be submitted to the National Focal point for approval
- For organisations without a Focal Point : the request may be submitted directly to the Institute's Course Reservation Office. Registration requests submitted by individuals or organisations without a National Focal Point are usually subject to a tuition fee.
- National Focal Points : they act as local representatives of the Institute, providing a source of information about our training, and will often be able to answer a wide variety of questions about the training that is available and related issues. Details of all National Focal Points are available at http://trainingzone.eurocontrol.int/ListFP.htm.
E-learning course: Two methods of accessing e-learning are available:
- Direct access: These e-learning modules can be accessed via the EUROCONTROL Training Zone Direct Access module catalogue.
Registered access is required for other e-learning modules. Such modules permit a degree of monitoring and tracking of progress where appropriate arrangements have been made.
Individuals wishing to follow an e-learning module which requires registration should log in and click on the ‘registration’ button. Individuals who do not yet have an account in the Training Zone should first fill in the self-registration form in the EUROCONTROL Training Zone.