Performance Indicator and Analysis Tool for Airports (PIATA)
Performance Indicator and Analysis Tool for Airports (PIATA) is a key tool developed by EUROCONTROL to analyse runway system throughput and airside performance.
The latest version - PIATA+ is a powerful analysis tool to study airport performance while allowing users to customise it according to their needs. The results obtained, based on data from a real data collection, provide information on the airport’s current operational performance and are not a theoretical model, based on the layout and a set of rules. Stakeholders are given a set of recommendations to improve their airport’s airside performance. PIATA + provides:
- main performance indicators and facilitates maximum throughput for airport airside operations;
- easy customisability - any airport, any indicators can be used;
- use of real data collected at the airport under study;
- two main functions - analysis and modelling.
The future upgrade of this tool, PIATA Neo, will have a new user interface and added functionalities:
- graphical Interface displaying RWY operations - users will be able to display operations for data collection and as a simulation. The display will also serve as an interface for modelling;
- TMA consideration - dedicated TMA data collection together with a new module for TMA analysis will facilitate the study of controllers’ tasks, sequence efficiency, usage of arrival and departure procedures, etc.
PIATA+ is a stand-alone software tool for individual PCs and is provided under PIATA+ Software License Agreement.
Get in touch with us if you are interested in obtaining the software.