LINK 2000+ Programme
(The LINK 2000+ Programme is now closed).
The aim of the Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) concept is to supplement voice communication between pilots and air traffic controllers, and to increase air traffic management (ATM) capacity by automating routine tasks whilst improving safety.
The programme was initially created to lead the definition, validation and early implementation of CPDLC. It supported the European Commission in:
- the drafting of the data link regulation (29/2009),
- the handling of financial incentives to equip aircraft,
- and providing technical advice on aircraft exemptions.
Issues related to the regulation, including exemptions, are now being dealt with directly by the European Commission. Deployment issues are being dealt with by the Interim Deployment Steering Group set up by the European Commission.
- Link 2000+ Library: contains various documents created by the link2000+ programme, which continue to be maintained by the DLS CRO.
- Datalink Services Central Reporting Office (DLS-CRO): is run by the 'Network Manager' and addresses performance monitoring, problem Investigation and sharing of information regarding CPDLC .
- The Data Link Services Central Reporting Office Wiki: contains more information about the current status of CPDLC in Europe and is maintained by the DLS CRO.