LINK 2000+ Programme
(The LINK 2000+ Programme is now closed).
The aim of the Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) concept is to supplement voice communication between pilots and air traffic controllers, and to increase air traffic management (ATM) capacity by automating routine tasks whilst improving safety.
The programme was initially created to lead the definition, validation and early implementation of CPDLC. It supported the European Commission in:
- the drafting of the data link regulation (29/2009),
- the handling of financial incentives to equip aircraft,
- and providing technical advice on aircraft exemptions.
Issues related to the regulation, including exemptions, are now being dealt with directly by the European Commission. Deployment issues are being dealt with by the Interim Deployment Steering Group set up by the European Commission.
- Link 2000+ Library: contains various documents created by the link2000+ programme.
- Data Link Performance Monitoring Function (DPMF): is run by the Network Manager and monitors the performance of data link in Europe.
- The NM Data Link Performance Monitoring Activities' Wiki: contains information about the performance of data link in Europe.