Data Quality Tool Set (DQTS)
EUROCONTROL, due to budgetary restrictions and having to prioritize its projects, is no longer in a position to continue DQTS Support. This means that any support of the tool ceased with effect from 31 May 2010.
Following 31 May 2010, only licence holders will be entitled to continue to use DQTS for an indefinite period, in accordance with the licence agreement in place and subject to certain conditions.
Licence holders have received a letter containing this information. A copy should be signed and returned to the Help Desk by 31st May 2010. If the letter is not received by the Help Desk, the licence shall be deemed terminated and the licence holder shall refrain from any further use of DQTS.
If a licence holder has not yet activated his/her licence, it is recommended that they contact the Help Desk to do so and to allow the maximum amount of time to consult the Help Desk support, should this be required.
For those interested, DQTS may be obtained until 31st May 2010 and subject to certain conditions. For more information, please contact the Help Desk.
DQTS is a Windows-based facility which provides a number of tools that may be useful to all those who process aeronautical data, particularly for navigation purposes.
DQTS includes the following facilities:
- CRC Tool - calculates and verifies cyclic redundancy check values for pre-defined data formats
- Bulk CRC verify Tool - wraps and verifies files of any size and type.
- Datum - transforms data between defined geodetic datums including WGS 84/European Terrestrial Reference Frame and to convert data between defined geodetic datums and selected map projections.
- Collinearity Tool - checks the collinearity of sets of co-ordinates.
- Intersect Tool - calculates the co-ordinates at the intersection of two geodesics/great circles. Each geodesic/great circle may be defined by a set of input co-ordinates, a start point and a bearing, or a meridian.
- Join-Inverse Tool - calculates the bearing and distance along a geodesic/great circle/rhumb line/straight line between two sets of input co-ordinates.
- Polar-Direct Tool - calculates co-ordinates based upon a set of input co-ordinates, a bearing or another point, and a distance along a geodesic/great circle/rhumb line/straight line.
- Checkloc Tool - compares the value of a set of input co-ordinates with a boundary which may be defined as a circle or polygon at the time of data input, or may be selected from a library of defined boundaries.
- Slant Range Tool - calculates the actual straight line distance (slant range), the geodetic/horizontal distance and the elevation angle between two points defined by latitude, longitude and orthogonal height.
- Geolat Tool - calculates the following:
- The co-ordinates of the points of intersection of a geodesic with up to three geodetic circles.
- The co-ordinates of the points of intersection of a geodesic with up to three parallels.
- The nearest approach distance of a geodesic to a point and the point on the geodesic abeam this offset point.
- The geodesics that pass through a common point and are tangential to a defined geodetic circle.
- Geo-border Tool - calculates the following:
- The co-ordinates of the points of intersection of a geo-border with a geodetic circle.
- The co-ordinates of the points of intersection of a geo-border with a geodesic.