Airspace Management is based on a seamless and collaborative management of airspace configurations and continuous sharing of information among all partners participating in a rolling CDM process.
- Applying the Flexible Use of Airspace (FUA) Concept as described in the EUROCONTROL Handbook for Airspace management, detailed as a means of compliance in the EC/EUROCONTROL FUA Specification and regulated by the SES (EC) Regulation No 2150/2005;
- Enhancing the FUA through a more dynamic airspace management process resulting in the optimum Airspace Configuration;
- Assisting ECAC Member States in improving their national collaborative civil/military airspace policy and planning to increase airspace sharing towards an integrated pan-European airspace planning; and
- Supporting FABs (Functional Airspace Blocks) in the setting up of new ASM processes at FAB level.
Contribution to network performance
Objective 2014: Improve the usage of airspace and routes by achieving the Flight Efficiency KPI- i.e. the annual target for route extension due to last filed flight plan (4.15% by 2014).
Addressed user needs
- Plan a flight
- Know the Airspace Use Plan and the current airspace status