The EUROCONTROL A-CDM Team facilitates the implementation of:
- CDM Milestone Approach
- Collaborative Pre-departure Sequence
- Variable Taxi Time Calculation
- CDM in Adverse Conditions
- Collaborative Management of Flight Updates.
It also collects and disseminates best practices regarding Airport CDM Information Sharing.
Eventually, it develops and delivers training courses for A-CDM implementation through e-learning.
Contribution to network performance
- Support implementation of A-CDM at up to 40 airports
- Connect smaller non-A-CDM airports with the network through Advanced Towers
- 40% of traffic is subject to DPI by end of 2015
- Facilitation of wider harmonisation at global level
Addressd user needs
- Contribute to improve Network performance
- Improve airport turnaround
- See the availability of slots – have better view on how they are managed
- Know current local MET conditions, forecast MET and know forecast for when an airport will be x minutes from saturation
- Know where my inbound aircraft is – on the ground, in the air
- Know which gate my flight is planned to depart from and get real time updates of gate changes
- Know when runway queues will be at their peak
- Know in advance when airport will reach its ground infrastructure capacity – no stands left
- Have immediate notification of unforeseen runway closures (incident, accident/other)
- Know what other transport delays will affect accessibility to my airport of departure and at my destination – motorways, traffic, ice, snow, accidents, road closures, train strikes etc.