Network Operations Report – November 2017
Traffic in November 2017 increased by 4.2% compared to November 2016 and was at the low-end of the forecast updated in September 2017. Traffic has shown continuous growth since November 2015. Nine states each added more than 50 flights daily to the network with Spain, with Turkey and Germany being the top contributors.
With the winter traffic level, total ATFM delays decreased by 6.82% in November 2017 compared to November 2016. En-route ATFM delays decreased by 13.2%; airport ATFM delays decreased by 2.8%.
Lyon airport became fully operational A-CDM airport on 14 November.
- French ATC industrial action from 15 to 17 November generated over 40,000 minutes of ATFM delay. NM estimates there were 150 fewer flights during the action;
- High delays in Karlsruhe UAC due to ATC staffing ;
- Capacity issues in Canarias, Karlsruhe and Brest ACCs;
- There were capacity issues at both Istanbul and Amsterdam/Schiphol airports;
- Tower and taxiway maintenance in conjunction with airport capacity at Paris/Orly airport;
- Strong winds and low visibility impacted London/Heathrow, Amsterdam/Schiphol and London/Gatwick airports.
The average en-route ATFM delay per flight in the NM areai in November was 0.22 min/flt, which is slightly above the corresponding monthly guidelineii value of 0.21 min/flt.
The average YTD en-route ATFM delay per flight in 2017 in the NM areai is 0.92 min/flt, which is above the corresponding guideline value of 0.52 min/flt.
The monthly Network Operations Report overview provides a high level view of the performance of the European ATM network, whilst the analysis provides a detailed view. Download previous network performance reports.
Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest Network Performance? Subscribe to our monthly Network Operations Report newsletter to receive updates on the performance of the European ATM network.
The latest edition of the Reporting Assumptions & Descriptions is now available via the monitoring network performance webpage.
The target audience of our performance reports are ATM professionals including air navigation service providers, airport operators and aircraft operators. Contact us if you have any questions!
i See Notice on page 4 for more information on NM Area .
ii NM’s calculation that provides the guideline en-route delay (min) requirements to achieve the annual target (0.5 min/flight).