Network Operations Report – April 2017
Traffic in April 2017 increased by 3.3% compared to April 2016 and was close to the high forecast. Traffic has shown continuous growth since November 2015. Thirteen states contributed most to the European local traffici growth, with Spain, UK and Italy as the top contributors.
Total ATFM delays decreased by 12.1% in April 2017 compared to April 2016. En-route ATFM delays decreased by 14.6% and airport ATFM delays decreased by 9%.
- En-routes event delay in Maastricht ACC due to usage of new sector configuration for Brussels East;
- ERATO ATM system implementation generated ATFM delays in Bordeaux ACC;
- En-route ATC capacity issues in Brest, Nicosia, Maastricht, Karlsuhe, Lisbon and Amsterdam/Schiphol ACCs;
- En-route ATC staffing issues in Nicosia, Maastricht, Karlsruhe, Langen and Geneva ACCs.
- Seasonal weather impacted several airports, especially Oslo/Gardermoen and London/Gatwick airports, and to a lesser extent Amsterdam/Schiphol, Istanbul/Atatürk, Zurich and London/Heathrow airports;
- Work in progress impacted capacity at Amsterdam/Schiphol airport.
The average en-route ATFM delay per flight in the NM areaii in April was 0.42 min/flt, which is above the corresponding monthly guidelineiii value of 0.38 min/flt. The average YTD en-route ATFM delay per flight in 2017 in the NM areaii is 0.39 min/flt, which is above the corresponding guideline value of 0.26 min/flt.
The monthly Network Operations Report overview provides a high level view of the performance of the European ATM network, whilst the analysis provides a detailed view. Download previous network performance reports.
Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest Network Performance? Subscribe to our monthly Network Operations Report newsletter to receive updates on the performance of the European ATM network.
The latest edition of the Reporting Assumptions & Descriptions is now available via the monitoring network performance webpage.
The target audience of our performance reports are ATM professionals including air navigation service providers, airport operators and aircraft operators. Contact us if you have any questions!
i Internals, international departures and arrivals, excluding overflights.
ii See notice on page 4 for more information about NM area
iii NM’s calculation that provides the guideline en-route delay (min) requirements to achieve the annual target (0.5 min/flight).