- Regulatory support
- Single European Sky
- Support to State Authorities
- European ANS Performance Review
- Safety Regulation Commission
- Pan-European planning and reporting
Draft EUROCONTROL Specification for A-SMGCS Services
An Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (A-SMGCS) is a system that supports surface movement operations in all weather conditions at an aerodrome based on defined operational procedures. It consists of the Surveillance Service that provides the position, identification and tracking of mobiles and can include a combination of the following services.
• The Airport Safety Support Service that provides the functions: Runway Monitoring and Conflict Alerting (RMCA), Conflicting ATC Clearances (CATC), Conformance Monitoring Alerts for Controllers (CMAC).
• The Routing Service that generates ground trajectories for mobiles.
• The Guidance Service that provides the functions: Automated Switching of Taxiway Centreline Lights (TCL), Automated Switching of Stop Bars and Automated Activation of Advanced-Visual Docking Guidance Systems (A-VDGS).
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 716/2014 of 27 June 2014 on the establishment of the Pilot Common Project (PCP IR) identified a set of ATM functionalities to be deployed, enabled by the Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (A-SMGCS).
These were elaborated in the PCP indicative roadmap and captured in the SESAR Deployment Programme. In accordance with the above and following coordination with the European ATM Standards Coordination Group (EASCG), EUROCONTROL has prepared the enclosed draft Specification for A-SMGCS.
This draft EUROCONTROL Specification describes the A-SMGCS Services (Surveillance, Airport Safety Support, Routing and Guidance) and supports the implementation of an A-SMGCS at an aerodrome. It supersedes prior EUROCONTROL A-SMGCS documentation that referred to Level 1 and 2 material and is to be used in conjunction with EUROCAE ED-87 Minimum Aviation System Performance Specification (MASPS) for A-SMGCS.
This draft document is submitted for formal consultation from 05 October 2017 until 05 January 2018 using the EUROCONTROL Standards Development Process mechanism.
Please note that it may not be possible to take into consideration responses that are received after that date.
After the closure of the Formal Consultation, responses will be compiled, reviewed and taken into account in the preparation of the revised draft specification documents.
The consultation package can be downloaded below.