Network Manager Annual Report 2015
The annual report, covering the Network Manager's (NM) activities in 2015, the first year of the Single European Sky’s second Reference Period (RP2 – 2015-2019). The NM Annual Report was approved in June by the Network Management Board members.
NM’s activities in 2015 focused on achieving the new performance targets for the first year of RP2, addressing the capacity issues in the network and on minimising the effect of disruptions in the network.
In 2015, NM focused on:
- enhancing network ATFCM operations;
- improving flight efficiency through enhanced airspace design and utilisation actions;
- synchronising major ATM changes;
- mitigating the impact of strikes on the network performance;
- improving the flexibility of capacity management in some ACCs constrained due to social tension or rigidity in the management of opening control sectors;
- supporting safety improvement;
- integrating airports into the network.
For more details read the full report below.