- Single European Sky
- Support to State Authorities
- Regulatory support
- European ANS Performance Review
- Safety Regulation Commission
- Pan-European planning and reporting
EUROCONTROL is a key actor in developing and supporting all regional and global standardisation activities relevant for ATM. In this context EUROCONTROL prepares and publishes “EUROCONTROL specifications” defining technical and/or operational procedures that advance ATM.
In the context of its contribution to the single European sky (SES), the availability of EUROCONTROL specifications as Means of Compliance (MoC) to EU regulations allows regulated parties to implement and comply with SES legislation.
In the specific case of the SES interoperability Regulation, Community specifications may be established by European Standardisation Organisations (ESOs) in cooperation with EUROCAE or by EUROCONTROL. Community Specifications (CS) are voluntary means of compliance that are recognized by the European Commission and referenced in the Official Journal of the European Union. For EUROCONTROL Specifications, the opinion of the Single Sky Committee (SSC) is sought to determine whether they are to be recognized as Community Specification and referenced in the Official Journal of the European Union. Furthermore, EASA is in the process of preparing new certification specifications that include both interoperability and airworthiness requirements, which will provide an alternative demonstration of compliance to the interoperability Regulation.
On-going EUROCONTROL Specifications and guidance for SES:
- Update of Airport Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM)
- Update of Medium Term Conflict Detection (MTCD) Specification
- Update to Monitoring Aids (MONA) Specification
- Update to Trajectory Prediction Specification
- Update to Air Traffic Services Message Handling System (AMHS) Specification
- Update to Collaborative Environmental Management (CEM) Specification
- Update to All Purpose Structured EUROCONTROL Surveillance Information Exchange (ASTERIX) Specification
- Update to ATM Surveillance System Performance (ESASSP) Specification
- Update to Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP) Common Core Content Initial Training Specification
- EUROCONTROL Specification for ASM Support System Requirements supporting ASM processes at local and FAB level - Part II
- EUROCONTROL Specification for Operational ANS Performance Monitoring Airport Operator Dataflow
- EUROCONTROL Specification for Operational ANS Performance Monitoring Air Carrier Dataflow
- Flight Information Exchange Model (FIXM)