Network Manager validation platform (NMVP)
The purpose of the Network Manager validation platform (NMVP) is to provide a prototyping and validation environment of the Network Manager system to support SESAR developments, in terms of operational feasibility assessment, performance assessment and integration of new functionalities.
The NMVP is composed of an industry based pre-operational platforms (IBP), replicating the NM operational environment in two different instantiations:
- the NMVP IBP running in shadow mode for live trials;
- the NMVP IBP running in replay mode for fast-time and gaming exercises.
The current architecture is already SWIM compliant. It provides features available via the NOP B2B Web services and allows interconnection with other platforms. Further interoperability mechanisms are under development in collaboration with SESAR WP14 (SWIM) and other system work packages.
The platform includes the following features.
Network Operations Management and Monitoring
- Coordinated process ASM-ATFCM
- Measuring network performance
- Strategic ATFCM
- Pre-Tactical ATFCM
- Tactical ATFCM
- Short-term ATFM measures
- Occupancy Traffic Monitoring Values (OTMVs)
- Load and Capacity Monitoring - Departure Planning Information (DPI) functionality – Airport-CDM
- Flexible Use of Airspace (FUA): published Airspace Use Plan (eAUP) ECAC wide, Airspace Use Plan (AUP), Update Airspace Use Plan (UUP)
Flight planning processing
- Free Route Airspace
- Flight Updates collection and distribution
- Flight data interoperability (Aircraft operators <-> Network Operations)
- Flight planning consistency and validation
Network information management and sharing
- Airspace data repository (ADR)
- Network Operational Plan (NOP)
- Demand Data Repository (DDR)
- Access to airspace & route Availability
- B2B Web Services - Flight Plan filing and management, airspace services, general information and ATFM Notification Messages (flow measures).
- NM Human Machine Interface for Network operations, with access for external partners through the CHMI or NOP Portal interfaces
- NM interactive reporting